Writer: Site Staff
Date:Tuesday August 5 2008
Our football mates at fourfourtwo have come out with a great new interactive system where the people that count - the fans - can rate their team and other teams players.
We at Vital are all about fans opinions as our regulars will know, so it seems an ideal system for Vital to promote. fourfourtwo have also linked to Vital as they see us as a great voice for the fans, which is also why we are so heavily featured in their new biggest ever pre-season edition, in the shops now. Within the season preview supplement you will find the opinions of our editors for the fans view. You will also see Vital Football sites within the club pages of talentspotter, you didn't think we'd be missed out did you?!?
WARNING: Talentspotter is as addictive as Vital is!!!
So what is Talentspotter?
The system consists of a database of every professional footballer in Britain which gives FourFourTwo`s expert opinion on the player, allows fans to rate and comment on those players. These ratings form the Hotlists, the backbone of the site, which display up-to-the-minute information on the best and worst players as voted by fans. It is new so there are players to be added or removed from squad lists but it looks to us that it will be a favourite destination for many football fans!
• Rate players
• Comment on players
• Research players, getting up-to-date ratings from real fans and comments from the people who watch them play every week
• See up-to-the-minute lists of the highest-ranked players by division, position, skills and overall
• Scout for players by position, particular skills or a combination
• View every team`s squad, fixtures, results and filter the players by different skills to see who`s best at, eg, heading or passing.
• Collect points for rating and commenting. The 'Top Spotters` with the most points win prizes.
Main areas of the site:
1) The Hotlists
A series of lists updated live showing the Top 50 highest-rated players:
• By league
• By position (goalkeepers, defenders, etc)
• By skill (passing, heading, etc)
2) Player Profile Pages
Each player page features:
• Player photo
• Name, age, club, position, nationality, current rank
• 100-word FourFourTwo profile
• Feature allowing users to instantly rate the player from 1-10
• Detailed rating feature - heading, tackling, etc
• A ranking graph that illustrates how their ranking has gone up/down
• Detailed statistics from Opta about the player
• Fantasy Football stats
• User comments
3) Team pages
Page for each club featuring:
• Star performers: the team`s best player in each position
• Squad list allowing players to be sorted by attributes - eg heading/goalscoring/overall rating
• Links to last opponents and next opponents
4) Top Spotters
• Users earn points for rating (1 pt) and commenting (3 pts)
• The users with the most points win weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes, as well as fame on the website
5) Go Scouting
• Detailed facility allowing users to find potential players for their team by specifying: position, age, nationality, skills, etc
Because they value our opinions as real fans of the game, FourFourTwo are asking Vital Football users to tell them how the site could be better. If there`s anything you think would improve it, or anything you just can`t stand, email them: email@example.com
Date:Tuesday August 5 2008
Pearce says keeper still has chance at lower level (Thursday May 23 2013)
Former captain sings praises of keeper (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Bookie watch: Alfie's next club (Wednesday May 22 2013)
QPR linked with Royals winger - again! (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Adkins on summer recruitment (Tuesday May 21 2013)
International call-ups: Cummings selected (Tuesday May 21 2013)
Hunt thanks fans following departure (Tuesday May 21 2013)
Royals bow out of Premier League with defeat (Monday May 20 2013)
Stats: West Ham v Reading (Monday May 20 2013)
Adkins pleased with Royals' character (Monday May 20 2013)
|15. Aston Villa||38||10||11||17||-22||41|
|Wilshere - More Points Needed From Big Teams
» Arsenal : 23/05/2013 12:27:00
|Bumper Transfer News - SOME Inward!
» Aston Villa : 23/05/2013 11:46:00
|New Contracts? Better Deals? It's Only Money!!
» Aston Villa : 23/05/2013 10:11:00
|In Levy We Trust*
» Spurs : 23/05/2013 10:00:00
|Pearce says keeper still has chance at lower level
» Reading : 23/05/2013 10:00:00
» Newcastle : 23/05/2013 09:00:00
|PWU Wigan Athletic Podcast - End Of Season Special
» Wigan : 23/05/2013 07:00:00