Vital Football

Latest Reading FC News

Show me the money!

Show me the money!

At the beginning of last week, Royals fans woke up the the news of a possible takeover by Arab billionaires. A week or so down the line, it doesn't look like any kind of deal is close to happening however Vital Reading has been asking you whether you would like to see Arab Investment at the Madejski Stadium.

Not surprisingly many of you wanted it to happen, but the voting was close than you would have imagined. 61% voted in favour whilst the other 39% were against it.

You can see the arguement for both, obviously a massive cash injection, similar to Man City and Notts County, is going to bring excitement and national coverage of the club.

However nobody knows these 'Arab Billionaires' and the club has clearly been run exceptionally well during Sir John Madejski's reign and the uncertainty of new owners could see fans sceptical.

Don't forget to vote in this weeks poll, would you recall Ivar Ingimarsson to the team for Saturday's game against Watford?



*Try Vital Mobile FOR FREE for the latest news, scores, fixtures and so much more*

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Steve Guscott
Date:Monday September 21 2009
Time: 8:17PM

Login to post a comment

Recent Reading Articles

Warnock feels Reading's pitch could harm play-off push

Neil Warnock has never been keen to pass Reading a compliment, but he's at it again, slating the condition of our pitch.

Technology For The Championship In 2017/18

On Thursday the Football League confirmed that there was now an agreement in principle for the introduction of goal-line technology from the start of the 2017/18 season.

Stam On Brentford Win

Reading's position in the play-offs was strengthened with a win over Brentford. It also closed the gap between the Royals and top two Newcastle and Brighton.

Video - Reading 3-2 Brentford

Having lost the lead Reading came back to score two late goals in a 3-2 win against Brentford. This victory means the Royals are just five points off an automatic promotion spot.

Archived Vital Reading Articles

Vital Reading articles from

Site Journalists

Write for Vital Reading
Write For Vital Reading
Apply Here

Current Poll (see more polls)

Brentford MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Al Habsi2%
Gunter0%
Moore0%
Blackett0%
Obita0%
Mutch0%
Williams12%
Kelly0%
Swift0%
McCleary12%
Grabban0%
Sub - Evans12%
Sub - Kermorgant62%
Sub - Beerens0%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Newcastle 32 22 3 7 69 37
2 Brighton 32 20 8 4 68 28
3 Huddersfield 31 19 4 8 61 7
4 Reading 32 18 6 8 60 6
5 Leeds Utd 33 18 4 11 58 11
6 Sheff Wed 32 17 7 8 58 11
7 Norwich 33 15 6 12 51 11
8 Fulham 31 13 10 8 49 15
9 Barnsley 33 14 7 12 49 4
10 Preston 33 13 10 10 49 4
11 Derby County 31 13 8 10 47 7
12 Cardiff 33 13 6 14 45 -2
13 Ipswich 33 10 11 12 41 -7
14 Birmingham 33 10 10 13 40 -14
15 Brentford 31 10 7 14 37 -1
16 Q.P.R. 32 10 7 15 37 -11
17 Aston Villa 32 8 12 12 36 -8
18 Forest 33 10 6 17 36 -12
19 Wolves 31 9 8 14 35 -4
20 Burton 32 9 7 16 34 -13
21 Bristol City 31 9 5 17 32 -4
22 Wigan 32 7 9 16 30 -9
23 Blackburn 31 7 8 16 29 -13
24 Rotherham 33 4 5 24 17 -43
Write for Vital Football
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
The Vital Football Members League

Recent Reading Results (view all)

Reading Fixtures (view all)

Feb 21 2017 7:45PM : Huddersfield Town (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Feb 25 2017 5:30PM : Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Mar 4 2017 3:00PM : Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Mar 7 2017 8:00PM : Newcastle United (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Mar 11 2017 3:00PM : Preston North End (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Mar 17 2017 7:45PM : Sheffield Wednesday (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Vital Football Comment