The Opposition View - Man Utd
1) Who are the player/s to look out for in your side?
Van Persie has been a revelation since signing. Unless you see him each week it's hard to appreciate just how talented the boy is. Rafael, the boy has come on leaps and bounds in last 18 months. Argument to suggest he's the best RB in league right now.
2) Who do you believe are your closest competitors are for the title?
Manchester City are the side to beat for the league although if Benitez can get Chelsea organised quickly then they could still be a danger also.
3) After the start you have had, do you think you`re going to win back that title?
I'm hopeful we will reclaim the title but the questions in midfield and keeping clean sheets will be the difference to whether we actually do it. City will only get stronger over the season.
4) Who has been your best signing in the summer and why?
Van Persie has been a revelation and could be the difference between the title and nothing. He is just deadly in the box and offers a striker we've not had since Van Nistelrooy. All round superb.
5) What position would you like to strengthen in January and any players names that spring to mind?
The centre of midfield remains an issue with a ball winner, box to box man the requirement. A player along the lines of Strootman from PSV. Essentially a man who could provide the protection of the back four and allow Kagawa, Anderson and others thrive further up.
6) If you could offload any player from your team, who would it be and why?
The money being talked about in bids for Vidic (£20m +) would persuade me to sell but other than that it would probably be Nani. He has struggled to find and consistency plus looks ready to move on.
7) What Reading player do you rate the most and why?
Pogrebnyak has not yet hit the form he did whilst at Fulham last season but he has all the attributes to trouble a United defence that is yet to fully settle down. He is comfortable running with and holding the ball up as well as a threat in the air.
8) Expected line up for the game?
4-3-3 - Lindegaard, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Rooney, RVP, Valencia
9) What's your prediction for the game?
I fully expect a tight game and probably your boys to take the lead. Hoping for a 3-1 win for my boys but the way our season has been anything could happen.