The Opposition View - Sunderland
1) Martin O`Neill has come under scrutiny in recent weeks, do you think it is deserved and how much longer would you give him?
It is definitely justified due to the money he spent in the summer and the players he has brought in. I am not one of them fans who would boo our own team but there is plenty of unrest at The Stadium of Light at the moment, personally I think he will turn it round so I would give him at least until the end of the season.
2) Who are the player/s to look out for in your side?
The players Reading should look out for are obviously Adam Johnson as he is starting to put in the performances we expect, Stephane Sessegnon is the most talented player I have seen at Sunderland for years, when he's on it he is unplayable and Steven Fletcher is a goal machine if we can get him chances in good positions he'll put 9 out of 10 away.
3) As we approach the half way mark in the season, where do you think you will end up?
I personally had high hopes for this season and thought we were an outside chance for Europe, now though I think we will finish 12th.
4) What are your strengths and weaknesses as a team?
Our strength is definitely we defend well as a team and don't concede many goals, our weakness is we haven't scored many and recently we have started games poorly and found ourselves 2-0 down before we started playing.
5) Who has been your best signing in the summer and why?
Best signing so far has got to be Fletch as without his goals and overall play we would probably be bottom of the league.
6) What position would you like to strengthen in January and any players names that spring to mind?
With my favourite player being ruled out for 2 months (Lee Cattermole) we need some bite in midfield so a would like to see us going after a powerful midfielder like Diame or maybe Anderson from Utd.
7) If you could offload any player from your team, who would it be and why?
I would offload Bramble as he doesn't get a game and only his contract is up in the summer, plus he's liable to at least 1 mistake everytime he plays.
8) What Reading player do you rate the most and why?
I would have to say Jobi McAnuff as he has pace and skill and we'll have to welcome him to Sunderland Bardsley style.
9) Expected line up for the game?
Mignolet, Bardsley, O'Shea, Cuellar, Rose, Johnson, Gardner, Larsson, Mclean, Sessegnon, Fletcher
10) What's your prediction for the game?
You won't agree but we have played well recently and think someone is gonna be on the end of a beating so saying that I think 3-0 Fletcher, Johnson and Sessegnon.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.