The Opposition View - Man Utd
1) Apart from Robin Van Persie, who is in inspiring form at the moment, who are the other players that are in decent form ahead of Monday`s game?
Robin van Persie has been a magnificent signing. Since joining United he has made an immediate impact. The young players around him have benefited.
However looking beyond Van Persie, there are a few players in inspiring form at the moment. Wayne Rooney is looking fit and ready while Phil Jones is proving what he can do against the toughest of opponents. It wouldn`t surprise me if these were rested on Monday night though.
2) Do you think the title race is pretty much over or can there not be any hint of complacency?
You must be joking... I know we`re 12 points clear but it`s only February. Complacency not only knocked us out of Europe early last season but it lost us the league to City. We cannot allow that happen again.
3) How much longer can you see Sir Alex Ferguson remaining charge of Manchester United?
Tough one. I think he`s nearing the end of his managerial career. Fergie can`t go on forever but the fans will be hoping he sticks around for another few years.
4) Can you see yourselves winning the Champions League this season?
If we secure a place in the next round, you never know what can happen next. The Champions League like all cup competitions takes a bit of luck. Fingers crossed anyway.
5) What are your strengths and weaknesses as a team that you have noticed over the past couple of games?
Before Christmas I would have said our weakness was somewhere in the back four, but since Nemanja Vidic returned from injury I`ve seen a major improvement. Our wingers have been poor with consistency reaching an all time low. Antonio Valencia has lost pretty much all his confidence.
United`s main strength this season has been up front. I have already mentioned the impact Van Persie has made.
6) United didn`t make any major dealings in the January transfer window, are you confident you have enough depth in your squad?
Yes, we didn`t need anyone in particular. Wilfried Zaha will hopefully prove his worth when he joins the squad before next season.
7) What Reading player do you rate the most and why?
Adam le Fondre looks alright. After all, he made Rafa Benitez`s job at Chelsea tougher.
8) Do you reckon Reading can avoid the drop the season?
Depends on whether QPR can turn things around. Wigan have a nack for staying up, so all of this comes into consideration. I reckon Reading will be relegated.
9) Do you expect Sir Alex Ferguson to make changes and if so, who would you expect to see?
I`d like to see a few young players here and there. Nick Powell has been playing with the reserves, so it`s a great opportunity to give him a run.
10) What's your prediction for the game?
United to win. 3-0.