The Opposition View - Brighton
1. What are were expectations for the season at the start and have they changed five games in?
After the fiasco of the offseason I wasn`t expecting a play off push again this season. I thought that we would finish in the higher part of mid-table in around 7-10th position. I still feel that we will finish in the same position unless we can pull off a deal for a good loan striker to partner Ulloa upfront until we have our other strikers back from injury.
2. How did you feel about the Poyet dismissal? Were you in favour of a change considering he reportedly wanted to move, or would you have liked to have seen the board make more of an effort to keep him?
To be honest we haven`t been told anything about it, we are as much in the dark as everyone else. He was annoying most of us fans with his constant enquiries for jobs during his post match interviews and press releases. I can only presume that he took stuff like that too far with Tony Bloom. I have faith in Bloom to run our club and if Poyet was thinking he was bigger than our club then he was wrong. It`s not like he has just walked into a managerial position is it? Although he will always be a great part of our club in the way he has changed our playing style and the fact that we have become established in the championship so quickly. Let`s hope we don`t get any lower in the leagues from here.
3. Give us a short assessment of how Oscar Garcia has started so far - is his style very similar to Poyet`s?
Oscar has started as most would have expected a new guy to start, a bit slow getting the hang of things and the players likewise with his way of coaching, I think it will all click soon though as an improvement has been noticeable almost every game. Although his style is very similar to Poyet`s it is more direct and we`re not scared to hoof it out if necessary, unlike the messing about with the ball at the back under Gus.
4. Who are the key players to look out for this Sunday?
Obviously our lone front man Leonardo Ulloa is your main concern. Also, Andrea Orlandi will be able to create from midfield and play to our wingers Buckley and Lua Lua providing they both play.
5. How impressive was Wayne Bridgeduring his loan spell with the Seagulls?
He was outstanding for us last season and we were disappointed that we couldn`t afford to keep him. I think he really got the passion for playing football again under Gus and should help you out this season. Good luck to him.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
I would have to say Adam Le Fondre. We need another striker and Adam is proven at goal scoring at this level.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see this Saturday?
We`ll probably start with the same formation as ever 4-3-2-1. Kuszczak in goal with a back four of Bruno, Greer, Upson and Ward. I thin the midfield will be Ince, Agustein and Crofts with the two wide men being Buckley and Orlandi with Ulloa up top.
8. What is your prediction for the game?
Well hopefully we will come away with all 3 points but in all honesty I think we`ll take a point now. As you want a prediction I will go with 2-1 to the Royals. Good luck for the season other than in our two fixtures, obviously.