The Opposition View - Birmingham
1. What were your expectations before the season`s start and have they changed?
I honestly expected a relegation battle, with the ownership situation the club has no money so our summer signings were free agents or loans, and looking through our squad there is not much quality there, I think a lot of fans called it shopping at aldi. Despite last weeks results, I still expect a tough season fighting the wrong end of the table.
2. Birmingham have a very youthful squad at the moment, who are the key players to look out for?
Koby Arthur looks a very promising young player, a bit like Nathan Redmond, hasn't been given much game time but played against Plymouth in the cup and looked very good. Andy Shinnie is a very good player creates a lot of excitement when he has the ball quickly becoming a fan favorite, also not our player on loan from man united Jesse Lingard scored 4 last week, his movement, finishing, everything about him was brilliant, we only have him for a month but from one game his quality shone through.
3. It's fair to say that Lee Clark hasn't hit the heights since he has taken charge at St. Andrews, do you think he has done the best he can with his resources? Or have some aspects of his management halted Birmingham?
I think Lee Clark has done an ok job considering the circumstances, he has no money to spend and when you look at the turnover in players his hands have been tied, but the players all want to play for him and me personally I am happy with him. Our main issues at Birmingham are with the board they are ruining the club.
4. You had a superb victory over Swansea during the week, do you think the cup could be a positive in boosting your league campaign?
We certainly hope so, winning can only breed confidence within the squad, however I don't think any blues fan will forget last time we had a cup run (which we won in 2011), we got relegated so we certainly won't be counting our chickens.
5. The Marlon King situation is an odd one - are you glad he was exiled and sold by the club or do you think he still had a future?
Marlon King off the field is someone I have no respect for, however on the field he was a goal scorer one of the best finishers I have ever see, so I was a little disappointed to see him leave, especially as we have struggled to score goals this year (before lingard). I don't think off-field behaviour was the reason he left, it was more his wages which we couldn't afford, we will definitely miss him on field.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why
Adam le fondre for sure he is a goal scorer and that is what we need.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday?
We have been playing a 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 all season I expect to play a 3-4-3 formation which turns into a 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball as we played against Swansea in the week.
Darren Randolph GK
Paul Robinson CB
Kyle Bartly CB
Dan Burn CB
Chris Burke RM
Shane Ferguson LM
Tom Adeyemi CDM
Andy Shinnie CAM
Jonathan Spector CDM
Matt Green ST
Jesse Lingard ST
8. What is your prediction for the game?
I think it will be a very tight game, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.