The Opposition View - Doncaster
1. What were your expectations before the season started?
My prediction was quite high for us (12th) as I thought we were getting took over by some rich Irish company able to bring in some quality players.
2. It`s fair to say that you have had a decent start and have got some good results against some of the promotion favourites in division. Now you have seen the squad and manager in action, where do you now think you will finish?
Yes we have, 2-2 v Forest, 2-0 win v Blackburn, 2-0 v Burnley. I wasn't at the Burnley game but heard we did quite well despite the result. Also that 1-0 loss to Watford from a penalty at the end of the game which the foul happened outside the box! I think we'll finish about 17th.
3. The appointment of Paul Dickov raised a few eyebrows amongst Donny fans. What was your original opinion on his appointment and has your opinion of him changed?
I honestly wasn't very happy. John Ryan (Our chairman) has made very good appointments in the past with Dave Penney, Sean O'Driscoll, and Dean Saunders. Dickov nearly got Oldham from League 1, this was a bizarre appointment at the time.
4. Bongani Khumalo is a player we had on loan two seasons ago and he didn`t exactly set the world alight here. How is he getting on with Donny?
He's performing very well. I didn't know him before he came here so decided to see his past clubs. I seen that he didn't do too good at Reading but he had a good spell at PAOK before joining us. Maybe that experience in Greece helped him. Dean Furman is also at Doncaster, the pair play for South Africa.
5. Who is your stand out player at the moment?
Possibly Ross Turnbull, he's kept us in so many games. He made a fantastic save v Wednesday to keep out Llera and a great game v Huddersfield
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
One simple answer. Billy Sharp. Fans favourite and 2 great seasons bagging 15 goals each season.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday?
Turnbull; Wabara, Jones, Khumalo, Quinn; Duffy, Furman, Keegan, Cotterill; Robinson, Brown
8. What is your prediction for the game?
I think it will be 2-1 Reading. You're a top club, and it will be tough for us. Nice if we get a point from it.