The Opposition View - QPR
1. What were your expectations before the season started?
Automatic promotion. I know that sounds ridiculous after the woeful season we had last year but we've got a very talented squad. Plus the thought of doing a Wolves was just too depressing.
2. Now we are 14 games into the Championship season, are you confident of gaining automatic promotion?
I'd say hopeful, rather than confident. It's been an excellent start but there is a long, long way to go still. Your defeat at Sheffield Wednesday highlighted what an unpredictable division it is.
3. How impressed have you been with Harry Redknapp in steadying the unstable QPR ship? Were you worried he might resign in the summer over the clubs financial issues?
I thought he would leave in the summer but I'm delighted he didn't. Believe me, steadying the QPR ship was no easy task and he seems to have done that. He's made some bold decisions, like loaning out Adel Taarabt who was key to our promotion from the Championship three years ago. I would pay good money to watch Taarabt anywhere, but the team seems better without him at the moment.
4. Who is your stand out player at the moment?
Joey Barton. I always rated Barton as a player but his temperament was suspect, to say the least. He's a reformed character this season and the fans have welcomed him back. Who'd have thought it?
5. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Adam Le Fondre. We have a shortage of fit strikers and Le Fondre has a knack of coming up with important goals. I particularly admire him for his late double against Chelsea last season.
6. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Redknapp?
I expect it will be 4-5-1 as it was at Wigan last week. Charlie Austin on his own up front, with Matt Phillips and Junior Hoilett offering the real attacking threat from midfield. Sadly midfielder Ale Faurlin is out for the season after suffering cruciate ligament damage for the second time in his career last week. That was a really cruel blow for a player getting back to his best.
7. What is your prediction for the game?
1-1. No team has won at the Madejski this season so I'd be happy with a point. Surely it can't be as bad as last season's 0-0.