The Opposition View - Millwall
1. What were your expectations before the season started and what are they now?
At the start of the season I thought we'd finish around mid-table. We made some good signings but I felt Kenny Jackett was the best manager outside the Premier League, and losing him was going to be a big loss. With Holloway now in charge I think we'll have a relatively strong finish, but Lomas did too much damage and we'll be looking at around 16th.
2. What have you made of your transfer business in January so far?
I'm reasonably happy with both the loans and signings Holloway has made so far, and I'm sure it's because people want to play for him personally. I think we would have struggled to bring anyone in with Lomas in charge, not least because it's strongly rumoured he outright lied to the summer signings about how much they'd play, and word gets around.
3. Since we last spoke, Steve Lomas was sacked as manager. I can remember you not speaking too fondly of him, so I presume you believe it was the right decision?
Absolutely. He should have been shown the door well before then. Hopefully the next Championship club he manages will be West Ham.
4. Ian Holloway was the man chosen to take the Lions forward, how pleased are you with that appointment and have you seen obvious improvement since he took charge?
I think that was a huge result for Millwall, and I'm delighted he agreed to take charge. He seems really fired up to succeed at the club, as if he wants to prove doubters wrong following his departure from Palace. There hasn't been a great turnaround in results yet, but the passion shown on the pitch has improved, disgruntled players seem to be involved again, and the crowd is back to supporting the side rather than jeering from the first miskick.
5. Who are your stand out players in the side at the moment?
No one's really stood out this season (for good reasons) other than Forde, and he's injured for this match. Steve Morison seems to be fired up again and part of Holloway's plans. I think goals are coming for him soon.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Adam Le Fondre! The man scored three goals the other day; we haven't done that as an entire team since September!
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Holloway?
4-4-2. Bywater, Malone, Beevers, Shittu, Fredericks, Abdou, Bailey, Martin, Williams, Morison, Campbell
8. What is your prediction for the game?