The Opposition View - Brighton
1. What were your expectations before the season started and have they changed following your good recent form?
I thought we would finish 7th-10th pre season and I still feel that we will finish in that area. I`d like to finish in the play offs but out of the 4 or 5 teams fighting for the one, maybe two places we don`t have the squad to compete over the end run in like they do.
2. What did you make of your transfer business in January and even last month with the signing of Jesse Lingard on loan?
I like the signing of Lingard and hopefully he is that elusive player we have been searching for to partner Ulloa upfront. As for Dale Stephens and David Rodriguez, they can be a good par of the squad. Stephens looks comfortable on the ball and not afraid to get stuck in and Rodriguez needs to teach the team his game as I see him make some great runs only for our guy on the ball to not to see him and he gets understandably frustrated. He is quick too, which is good.
3. It was early days in Oscar Garcia`s reign when we last spoke, where you said it is probably yet to click yet - is it starting to click now?
Oscar has had a lot more time now with the squad and it does show, yes. For instance the young players are getting a lot more game time than they used to in the previous regime. The likes of Rohan Ince, Solly March and Jake Forster-Caskey have all impressed during their spell in the first team. The whole squad seems more comfortable now too compared to the first half dozen games of the season.
4. Would it be fair to say that your inconsistent home form may have stopped you from being a regular in the play-off spots this season?
I think that would be a fair assumption. We`re not too many points out of the play offs now and if we`d picked up some wins instead of draws then who knows. It`s not all the fault of the home form though; we have the third best defensive record in the league yet having trouble finding the back of the net, only scoring 4 more goals than bottom club Barnsley!
5. Who are your stand out players in the side at the moment?
Obviously, that man from Argentina Leo Ulloa is the man of the moment scoring 5 in his last 6 games. Other players include Rohan Ince and Tom Kuszczak. Kazenga LuaLua and Will Buckley haven`t featured as much as we`d have liked but they can change a game when they`re on the pitch.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Last time we spoke I said Adam Le Fondre and I see no reason to change that. He still scores and we still need a partner in crime for Ulloa.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Garcia?
4-3-3: Kuszczak, Bruno, Greer, Upson, Ward, Ince, Stephens, Forster-Caskey, Buckley, Rodriguez, Ulloa
8. What is your prediction for the game?
I`m predicting a tight game with the odd goal to win it. My heart says we win 2-1 but my head says 1-1.