The Opposition View - Brentford
1. What were your expectations before the season started and considering you have adapted well to the Championship, have they changed?
At the start of the season I expected us to finish mid table although I was optimistic that we could challenge for a playoff place. This hasn't changed after our solid start to the season.
2. Why do you think you have adapted to the Championship so well since coming up? Is that credit to your squad and the manager, or do you think the gap between League One and the Championship isn`t that big?
I think it's credit to the squad and the manager. We've stuck to the same style of football that won us promotion last season and it's been as effective in the championship. I don't think there's a massive gulf between the championship and league 1 but when you face the top teams in this division your mistakes get punished more often.
3. What did you make of your recent transfer window?
I was absolutely heartbroken to lose Adam Forshaw to Wigan. He was our main man in midfield and pulled all the strings last season and i think he can go very far in his career. As for new signings I think we've done a good job. Adubajo has already become a fans favourite with a string of fantastic performances and Judge, Jota and Pritchard have looked very good in a new look attacking midfield.
I'm still unsure about our attacking options though despite signing 4 strikers in the summer. Andre Gray looks like he has loads of potential but is lacking in confidence at the moment and struggling to find the net with just 2 league goals in 8. Overall the loss of Forshaw was hard to take but with the new signings in midfield I don't think it was a terrible summer window.
4. Since taking over, how good a job has Mark Warburton done? How did he improve on the work of Uwe Rosler?
I think he's done a great job obviously. I don't think he's changed an awful lot since Rosler left as he left us in good shape. I'm pleased he hasn't changed our passing style of football and the team have continued to improve under his management.
5. Which Brentford player(s) do you expect to have a big season?
So far our best player by a mile has been Jonathan Douglas and I expect him to keep it up throughout the season. With all the attacking flair in our team you maybe expecting me to say someone else but the job JD does for us is unbelievable. He protects the back 4 fantastically and has stepped up to fill in the void left by Forshaw. He pulls all the strings in midfield now and even chips in with a few important goals.
6. If you could take any Reading player, who would it be and why?
Glenn Murray. We desperately need a proven goalscorer at this level and he's shown already this season he knows where the goal is and I think he'll be a great signing for you this season.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see from Warburton on Staurday?
I expect to see our usual 4-1-4-1 formation:
Button; Mccormack, Tarkowski, Craig, Bidwell; Douglas; Odubajo, Judge, Pritchard, Jota; Gray.
8. What is your prediction for the game?
Brentford 2-1 Reading
I think our home performances this season have been excellent and expect us to come out on top in what will be a tight affair.