The Opposition View - Forest
1. What were your expectations before the season started? Where do you think you will finish now?
If I'm gonna be honest I thought Play Offs had to be minium with squad that we had assembled. Now mid-table mediocrity beckons unless we can go on a magnificent run.
2. It was all going smoothly in the first month or two of the season, but soon came crashing down - what do you think the reasons were for this?
If I knew that I could of been Pearce's no.2 ha ha. Even in that good run we never really dominated a game from start to finish. Good 45 mins seemed to be enough. The demise has to be down to the manager & coaching staff as players looked like looked less & less creative. Pearce would be much better suited to role of finding talent & help develop it.
3. Did you agree with the sacking of club legend Stuart Pearce? Who did you want to see replace him?
That bad run didn't seem to have an end in sight. Results & performances were getting worst & the tactics at times were shocking. It pains me to this say this as Psycho is my hero but he did deserve to go as we were in serious danger of been dragged into the relegation scrap. All that said he did a lot of good work behind the scenes & has built a very talented squad.
We didn't get much time to think about his replacement but not sure I'd of picked Freedman, but hey, what do I know about football?!
4. Dougie Freedman was appointed Forest boss rather quickly, which raised a few eyebrows. He has made a great start though - how has he turned the fortunes around in a short space of time, and do you think he is the long-term solution?
He has surprised a few (me included) The basis of the turnaround is going-back-basics... You know left's back at left back. We seem to play with more width, pace & freedom & getting Lansbury firing again is a big factor too.
Wouldn't be fair to say if he's the long term solution or as our owner can't past his own nose at times. But that said it would be great if we could keep a manager for 3 or 4 seasons to see what he could build. But with we may be forced into that position with FFP & the need to.
5. Which Forest player(s) are really excelling so far this season?
Antonio - the guy was a £1.5m bargain. I'd not really heard of him, the SWFC were happy with money & us reds were like 'who's he?'... Well we all know him now. He's a beast, a modern day John Barnes, pace & power, assists & goals. Also gotta mention Ben Osborn, the next Andy Reid.
6. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see from Freedman on Saturday?
4-5-1 that's easily turns into 4-3-3.
Despite Britts injury we still look capable of scoring goals, with Lansbury really upping his game since Dougie came in, expect Henri to have the armband again.
GK - Darlow
DF - Lichaj, Lascelles, Collins, Fox
Mid - Gardner (deep), Osborn, Lansbury, Antonio & Burke.
Expect Antonio & Burke popping in advanced wing positions.
7. Prediction for the game?
This league in incredibly hard to predict. We are on a decent run. But a 4-0 win or loss wouldn't be a surprise. The fact we played Wednesday may play in your favour & Freedman pointed out post match that 2 or 3 were really suffering with exhaustion after grinding out a tough 3 points. Not sitting on fence here but am going for a 2-2.